- NOT SO SMART BOMB
- Hollywood often makes films about nuclear bombs. How someone got hold of one and is threatening a city. These films aren’t usually very scary because we all know it didn’t happen. ...
- JUST HOW DUMB ARE WE?
- HOW DUMB ARE WE? A few days ago I got an email asking if I wanted to be on a Channel 4 documentary about advertising. Apparently the government is worried about all the expected Bulgarian immigrants next year. ...
- IT'S A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH
- When my son was very small he asked me about death. We were driving along on a sunny day. Suddenly the concept hit him with the weight of a cartoon anvil. I heard his little voice from the back seat say “Daddy, I don’t want to die”. ...
- DIFFERENTIATE OR DIE
- Gordon Smith didn’t go to art school. He started at 16 as a runner in an ad agency. Then he managed to get a job in the studio, then a junior art director, then senior art director, then head of art, then creative director. ...
- TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A WRIGHT
- A while back, Robin Wight was involved in a project that needed some careful public relations handling. The most influential man in this area is Alan Parker, founder and chairman of Brunswick PR. ...
- @iamPaulCostello the prey eats the predatorTime ago 14 Minutes
- RT @tamas_varga: @davetrott Creative Mischief or Predatory Thinking? I'm not sure which one to start.Time ago 2 Hours
- RT @SarahLong_xx: Cannot wait to stuck into this over the next few weeks, @davetrott's new book! #PredatoryThinking t.co/RyFWQtpJzUTime ago 2 Hours
- RT @HengHuiLeng: THERE ARE NO RULES: t.co/HCxUFqkVa7 Heard this all my life and it never fucking gets old.Time ago 8 Hours
- @Fat_Bill You've already heard all the stories BillTime ago 8 Hours
- RT @girisham1: Hope you enjoy it! Great book by @davetrott MT @RutaFreitakaite: Book = the best #gift! Thanks @girisham1 t.co/gH1BtI…Time ago 8 Hours
- RT @Fat_Bill: @davetrott OK, OK you predatory beggar. You've worn me down. I've bought your book.Time ago 8 Hours
- @johnpatricwoods First cab off the rankTime ago 9 Hours
Dave Trott's Blog
Monthly Archives: June 2012
Recently, I read an interesting article about a speed-skating nun. When she was young, Sister Catherine Holum was destined to be a world-class athlete. Her mum had been an Olympic gold medallist. She’d trained three Olympic squads. Young Catherine …
Supposing you were stranded alone in a forest at night. It’s freezing cold, it’s raining, and there’s a biting wind. You’ve got no clothes, you’re soaking wet and starving hungry. All you can think of is getting indoors out …
Every day I travel to and from work on the tube. Every day I see people without manners. And then I look more carefully at them and I see they’re not really nasty people. They’re just not thinking. They’re …
Here’s something I find strange. A while back, an art school lecturer didn’t want me to come back to talk to the students because I was too hard on them. I was too hard on the students. Let’s just …
Carl Ally Inc. was one of the greatest New York agencies. Towards the end of Carl Ally’s life, he and partner Amil Gargano were looking back over what they’d done. Gargano asked Ally what he thought they’d achieved. Carl …
Many years ago I heard something that changed my thinking. It goes like this: Supposing, in a laboratory, you have a rat. You also have nine small tunnels side-by-side. You put a piece of cheese at the end of …